Tires What skins are you rollin' around on...? Discuss wrapping your rims in here...

Tire Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 04:27 PM

</span></font> I''m curious to know what tires Mariner owners have good fortunes with. The stock contis will be replaced in the upcoming months. Worst tires I''ve ever ridden on . I had them on my VW Passat and when my wife picked out her Mariner and I saw them on it I knew what was coming - road noise, harsh ride and cupping. Sound familiar anyone? Continentals are known for those three charateristics. I would never replace with contis and will comb overtireracks reviews hoping to get a Mariners owners opinions.</font></span></font>

Old 01-15-2009, 07:39 PM

my F150 supercrew I used to have liked the stock michelin tires. I''ve never heard any complaints about non-base michelin tires. I use dominators on my land yachts when I do buy new tires. my mgm has the tires that came on it still (I''ve only owned it since august). some Runway tires. they''re doing rather well for a brand I''ve never heard of.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:06 PM

I realize it''s a little late and you''ve likely made a choice by now, but for future questions of a similar nature, here''s my two bits worth. I''ve owned a 1996 Explorer XLT for 6 years now, and it had Michelin LTX tires on it when I bought it. I was very pleased with them, .......except when they began to wear, and the difference in handling and traction were not just noticible, it was scary. The vehicle has the very capable AWD/4WD option, so does not lack for grip...except when the tires go away quickly. I now have a set of Dunlop Rover ATX (truck spec., not automotive spec.), and can''t say enough good about them. Excellent traction on dry, in snow, and especially the rain of the Pacific northwest. An excellent all round tire by my experience. A Mariner is basically an Explorer with an attitude, so the application would be very similar. Also had a F-150 Supercab, short box, with posi''s in both pumpkins, with Superstock AT tires, and locked up, it was pretty much unstoppable. My most important criteria for tires is that the have a M/S designation. There is no such thing as an "all season" radial without having the M/S rating. Okay, four bits worth, but it may help someone make a choice.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]</span></font>