Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

2000 Grand Marquis LS FRONT END ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 04:08 PM
Default 2000 Grand Marquis LS FRONT END ISSUE

I have a 2000 grand marquis it has been pulling to the right I have repaired a lot of things under the front end And the pulling has not stopped I did upper and lower ball joints inner outer tyrod I did shocks at this point I don't know what else to do this issue is chewing up the right side of my right passenger side tire. Also many many alignments There also may be some repairs i did that I forgot. What could it be help please.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:30 AM
Default Did you allign it

Originally Posted by MBrady1216
I have a 2000 grand marquis it has been pulling to the right I have repaired a lot of things under the front end And the pulling has not stopped I did upper and lower ball joints inner outer tyrod I did shocks at this point I don't know what else to do this issue is chewing up the right side of my right passenger side tire. Also many many alignments There also may be some repairs i did that I forgot. What could it be help please.
you gotta have it alligned after any front end work and did you use oem parts

Old 04-24-2021, 01:19 PM
Default Pulling To The Right

The situation you describe MAY be a stuck piston in the right-side brake caliper(s).
You mentioned "many alignments".
You MUST get a quality shop that does COMPUTER ALIGNMENTS !! It's imperative that you be able to check the "Before & After" readings to determine the EXACT position of the Caster, Camber, and Toe-In (Out). If they won't give you a print-out, find another shop!
Many enthusiasts avoid the Computer Alignments because of the cost, but that's just foolish, because you'd be grinding up those expensive TIRES while trying to save a few dollars.
I would check for a stuck piston in the right-front brake caliper first -- then the right-rear.
Regardless of what you find, get that computer alignment and SAVE THOSE TIRES !!

Right Front Brakes - ACDelco Drilled & Slotted Rotors; Eclipse Calipers; Police Pads; ESI-6 Brake Fluid; Raybestos Hoses.