Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

2000 Grand Marquis LS FRONT END ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 04:09 PM
Default 2000 Grand Marquis LS FRONT END ISSUE

I have a 2000 grand marquis it has been pulling to the right I have repaired a lot of things under the front end And the pulling has not stopped I did upper and lower ball joints inner outer tyrod I did shocks at this point I don't know what else to do this issue is chewing up the right side of my right passenger side tire. Also many many alignments There also may be some repairs i did that I forgot. What could it be help please.

Old 03-14-2021, 12:09 PM
Default Right Front Pulling

Two things you have not mentioned, but may be the source of your problem:
1. Wheel Bearing/Hub -- A constant pull indicates a possible failed wheel bearing -- and it won't show up with a wheel alignment.
I tried aftermarket hubs, but one failed, so I got the more expensive OEM (Motorcraft) hubs, that cured my problem and are still working perfectly. Get 'em at RockAuto.com .
2. Stuck Brake Caliper -- A stuck caliper will pull constantly, but also will NOT show up with an alignment. Any REPUTABLE Brake Shop can and will fix the stuck caliper.
If your Merc has 100,000 miles or more on the clock, I suggest replacing the calipers with rebuilt units from NAPA (Eclipse Brand).
Regarding those wheel alignments --
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !! Find an alignment shop that does Computer Alignments AND gives a "before-&-after" print-out.
Accuracy is extremely critical, as an accurate alignment will make driving safer AND save those expensive tires
When having your computer-alignment done, have the Technician set everything "to the nominals", which means "dead nuts" to the Factory Settings.
The computer "knows" the Factory Settings, and there's little danger of errors.
I always tip the Technician 20 bucks -- IF he sets everything "on the nominals".
THAT'S what the print-out is for -- so you can check to see if the alignment was done properly BEFORE you pay the bill.
The Alignment graph is easy to learn, and can save you thousands of dollars over the years.

95 MERC Right Front Brakes - ACDelco Drilled & Slotted Rotors; Eclipse Calipers; Police Pads; ESI-6 Brake Fluid; Raybestos Hoses.

Old 04-23-2021, 11:34 AM
Default You are spot on!!

I had the Calipers done which I knew were frozen (right). I have never had a wheel hub done. Thank I will let you know the out come.

Old 04-24-2021, 02:11 PM

Caution on those wheel bearing hubs :
I installed new MOOG hubs on both sides. The right side hub FAILED.
I replaced them with Motorcraft # HUB 3 -- and all is well after 11,000 miles.