Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

Circuit Breaker Location???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 08:28 AM
Default Circuit Breaker Location???

Ugh...my Grandfathers '76 Grand Marquis can be frustrating at times. Last night I was working on the power windows...specifically getting the drivers side passenger power window switch to work (bad ground). I had the passenger side switch working. I had the window rolled down. I hooked up a temporary jumper wire to test something...went to roll the window up using the drivers side switch, and it rolled up. I tried to roll it back down, and nothing. I tried the passenger side switch, and nothing. I used my test light, and had no power to the switch. I tried my drivers side window (which was working), and nothing. I had no power to any of the window switches. I checked all the fuses, and replaced them just to be safe...no love. The owners manual says there is a 20A circuit breaker for the power windows (near the starter relay?) but I can not find this thing to save my soul. The car goes in for a complete brake/bearing replacement tomorrow before I take it to a family reunion next week, so to say I'm getting a little panicked is an understatement. I've worked all spring and summer to get this thing roadworthy for this reunion. I friggen hate electrical gremlins. Gimme a part to throw at an issue any day. Anywho....any help is greatly appreciated. -Dave