window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
Hi I have a 99 sable LS V6 leather auto climate etc. now a days it has been showing lot of prblms

1)the fuel gauge doesnt work it drops and climbs and then the empty fuel tank lite truns on then again after driving it goes away and forth and yesterday my car just stopped on the road as i was out of gas bcoz i dnt knw when to fill up the tank wheter its empty or not so i had to call 911 and .... so my question is does anyone knw wht the fix is for this problem???

2)Another thing sometimes the doors are closed but still it shows open door and the map light is on forever so i have to take out the bulb to turn it off. does anyone knw the fix for tht

3)My car give me 17.5mpg in city driving so what should i do to improve tht i drive it very carefully though

4)the car make a jerk or rattle when it goes from 3rd to 4th gear the vehicle shakes kind of

And i have 116110 miles so what service should be done for better performance of the vehicle.

thanks ur help and advice would be really appreciated

Old 01-23-2007, 08:35 PM

sounds like your gas tank float (or sensor) needs to be replaced.

as for service, other then the normal (oil change plugs and cap replaced brakes changed) the only thing I can think of is just take it in get it looked over.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:50 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
wow... sounds like my car!

My gas gauge has always been off. It depends if your on a slope, driving fast, coming to a stop, etc. We have a gas tank float... but you get used to it after driving it and learning it.

The door sensor is just a computer glitch. That light is always on... no matter what (that is, until my service light came on). I always thought it was my driver door, which only unlocked/locked manually, but the mechanic said it was the computer. He reprogrammed it and its been fine ever since.

As far as gas... watch fast acceleration when going up hills or leaving from a complete stop. Take your time.

The shifting is not so easy in this car. Remember, it's a Ford, not a Mercedes.

When changing your oil at such a high mileage (for this car), I suggest paying the extra for the good oil. You should check and see if your car had the 100,000 mile mark engine upgrade... meaning oil, oil filter, transmission fluid/filter... etc.

Enjoy, and watch that power steering!