Grand Marquis Discuss the Mercury Grand Marquis here...

97 Grand Marquis coolant in the intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Default 97 Grand Marquis coolant in the intake manifold?

hello hello! im new to this forum and im hoping to find some like minded gearheads to network with. if anyone can help me with this problem i face maybe ill gain enough expertise to pay it forward. i was cruising at about 80mph when i noticed my temp was pegged. i pulled over and tried to give my 4.6 time to cool down. after some time i pulled the dip stick and it was chocolate milky. i had just changed the oil flushed the radiator and replaced the oil filter adapter (where the filter pressure switch and a hose meet) so it was easy to tell. i towed it home and it sat for a while. i recently swore off females (not really) so i went back to my girl, the grand marquis. i started pulling the engine apart and got to the intake manifold. it was replaced before i got the car with the updated one at the fomoco dealership. what was strange was the large pool of coolant sitting at the bottom. what im hoping is that its not the head gaskets. maybe the gasket on the manifold? i dont yet have the skills or tools to do the head gaskets myself, so any insight would help. if anyone knows whats up, leave a post and let me know. ill be back after i give some kids on my block kickboxing lessons